Chestnut Hills Dental AAAHC Accreditation
This prestigious accreditation asserts our national recognition for excellence in care and service to our patients. Chestnut Hills Dental is proud to be one of a select group nationwide to be accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Our accreditation tells you that AAAHC's independent team of health care professionals has found that we meet their rigorous, nationally-recognized standards for health care services. Accreditation demands a high level of commitment and effort. It challenges us to always find better ways to serve you, and it is one more way for us to say “we care about you.” When selecting a dental provider, AAAHC accreditation is one of the things you may consider and ask about. These are just a few examples of what the AAAHC looks for when surveying an organization. Chestnut Hills Dental meets all these qualifications and parameters.
- Does the organization have an appropriate procedure for validating the qualifications of individuals who provide health care services?
- Does the organization do periodic patient satisfaction surveys?
- Does the organization have procedures in place for reviewing their quality of care?
- Does the organization follow nationally-recognized standards in infection prevention and control practices which are established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)?
- Does the organization have a risk management program designed to protect the life and welfare of its patients and employees?
- Is there a process for identifying, analyzing, reporting and preparing an action plan for adverse incidents?
- Does the organization encourage employee participation in seminars, workshops and other educational activities that are relevant to its mission and objectives?
- Does the organization have a safe environment for treating surgical patients, including adequate safeguards to protect from cross-infection?
- Are the anesthesia services provided by the organization adequately supervised by one or more physician or dentist qualified by the governing body?
- Does the organization administered have the appropriate resuscitative equipment for patients receiving anesthesia?
About the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
The AAAHC is a peer-based, not-for-profit organization that is nationally recognized for conducting extensive evaluations of ambulatory health care organizations to ensure the highest quality standards. Health care organizations undergo a voluntary process to measure the quality of their services and performance against nationally recognized standards.
|Dental groups are measured against the following core standards: